Applications for the Music Study Assistance Grant(MSAG) are now open!
Grants are awarded to highly motivated students based on financial need and commitment to continued private music study with a MTAC teacher.
Seven (7) grants are available for the 2023-2024 Year of Study, with students being awarded up to $1,000.00 each. The Year of Study begins on August 1 in the same year that the applications are due and submitted, and ends on July 31 of the following year.
Who is eligible?
- Students who have a minimum of two (2) years of continuous study with their current Private Studio Teacher and plans to remain studying with the teacher through July 2024.
- Students aged 10 to 17 on or before the May 1, 2023 deadline.
- Students who demonstrate a financial need for assistance.
- The Private Studio Teacher must be an Active Member of MTAC, with plans to remain a member through July 2024.
How to Apply?
- Fill out the Student Application located on your Teacher Portal.
- Submit the required additional documents listed on the application:
- Recommendation letter from parent
- Self-recommendation letter from student
- Recommendation letter from teacher
- Scan of student’s birth certificate or passport
- Scan of most recent tax return (Form 1040, pages 1 & 2)
- Submit all documentation by May 1, 2023 to the application located on the MTAC Online System.
- Obtain the electronic signature of the Branch President
All applicants and teachers will be notified via email of receipt of their application. The MTAC Foundation will notify all applicants of final selection decisions by June 30 via email.
For technical assistance, please contact the MTAC State Office. Office hours are Monday through Friday, from 9 AM to 5 PM PST.
MTAC Foundation Committee